GARDEN CITY, NY — The Garden City Police Department reported the following incidents for the week ending Feb. 2.
- A 33-year-old driver was arrested on Clinton Road for possession of a forged registration tag, improper plates and excessive speed.
- Officers responded to Washington Avenue and 11th Street for a traffic light malfunction.
- Officers responded to a railroad gate malfunction at the Nassau Boulevard train crossing.
- A side view mirror to a vehicle parked in Parking Field 7E was found damaged.
- As a result of a traffic stop investigation on Clinton Road, a 31-year-old driver was arrested and charged with possession of two forged registration documents, driving with a revoked license, uninsured operation, unregistered vehicle, defective brake lights and obstructed license plate.
- A 66-year-old man was arrested for contacting another family member in violation of a court order. He was charged with criminal contempt.
- CVS reported a man entered the store and stole multiple items.
- Fire fighters and police officers responded to a Hilton Avenue apartment for a reported kitchen fire and determined the cause to be burnt food.
- A driver was cited for speeding in a school zone on Rockaway Avenue, failing to stop for a police vehicle, operating a cell phone and unlicensed operation.
- CVS reported a man entered the store and stole merchandise.
- Officers responded to a traffic light malfunction at the intersection of Franklin and Stewart Avenues.
- A driver was charged with driving on Franklin Avenue with a suspended license, revoked registration, uninsured operation, loud exhaust system and tinted windows.
- Officers responded to Meadbrook Road for a water main break in the roadway. The Water Department was notified and responded to the scene.
- Officers responded to numerous storm-related calls, including disabled cars, car accidents, medical aided reports, hazardous conditions and alarms.
- Packages were reported stolen from the back porch of a Stewart Avenue home.
- A woman was stopped on Stewart Avenue after leaving the scene of a car crash that occurred on Pell Terrace. Upon investigation, she was arrested for DWI, leaving the scene of an accident and unsafe lane usage.
Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article.
Send MSN Feedback
Please give an overall site rating:
Opens in a new window
Opens an external site
Opens an external site in a new window