The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the technical expert providing compliance oversight of the F-35 collateral and Special Access Program (SAP) security support and advises the Senior Leadership Team of efforts to staff requirements. The incumbent conducts various security analyses, metrics, and controls identifying trends and recommends actions to improve acquisition and operational capability.
Learn more about this agency
- Plans, organizes and directs collateral, sensitive compartmental information and special access program security activities for organization’s assigned system programs.
- Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities.
- Develops and prioritizes organizational security and information protection performance goals and mission objectives.
- Administers through subordinates, the Program Protection Planning.
- Represents organization with DoD, USAF, HQ AFMC and various AFLCMC organizations.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guidance
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- For more information on Acq Demo please go to DoD AcqDemo Homepage http://acqdemo.hci.mil/ and Fact Sheet http://acqdemo.hci.mil/faq.html
- The employee is required to obtain and maintain security clearance commensurate with position sensitivity code.
- This position is designated national security position.
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Work may occasionally require the employee to work outside the normal business hours.
- The employee may be required to travel in military and/or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty assignments.
- DoD Security Fundamentals Professional Certification and Security Program Integration Professional Certification conferrals are required within 2 years of the established employee EOD or initial assignment date.
Experience requirements are described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Clerical and Administrative Support Positions.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least 1 year (52 weeks) of specialized experience at the next lower broadband NH-03, equivalent to the next lower grade GS-13 or equivalent in other pay systems. Specialized experience is experience in the ability to develop organizational security and information protection performance goals and mission objectives. NOTE: Due to the use of 120-day rosters, this period of experience may be completed within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Mastery of Acquisition security, traditional Information Protection disciplines, Special Access Program Security, Antitamper, certification and accreditation of embedded systems principles and practices to plan and implement security programs in these areas.
2. Ability to plan, organize and direct the functions and staff of a small to medium sized organization.
3. Knowledge of engineering, contracting, logistics and other functional concepts, programs, procedures, and practices.
4. Ability to communicate orally and in writing, clearly, concisely, and accurately.
5. Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience; transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here to check accreditation.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
AcqDemo Expanded Probationary Period for Supervisors and Managers: An additional supervisory probationary period of one year may be required when an employee is officially assigned to a different supervisory position that constitutes a major change in supervisory responsibilities from any previously held supervisory position, e.g., moving from a journeyman level supervisory acquisition position to a Critical Acquisition Position or moving from a Critical Acquisition Position to a Key Leadership Position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here . To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
120-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 120-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 120 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible: Military Spouse Preference applicants, if determined best qualified, must be selected at the full performance level and placed at the full performance level. You must include a completed copy of the Military Spouse PPP Self-Certification Checklist dated within 30 days along with the documents identified on the checklist to verify your eligibility for Military Spouse Preference. Click here to obtain a copy of the Military Spouse PPP Self-Certification Checklist.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application . The Vacancy ID is 11166277
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here .
Tax Law Impact for PCS: On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 – the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017” suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for “substantially all” of the increased tax liability resulting from the “2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities please click here . Subsequently, FTR Bulletin 20-04 issued by GSA, provides further information regarding NDAA FY2020, Public Law 116-92, and the expansion of eligibility beyond “transferred” for WTA/RITA allowances. For additional information, please click here .
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of “not qualified” or “insufficient information” and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, may be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
APPRAISALS/AWARDS: Hiring Managers use objective methods and consider previous performance appraisals and awards in the selection process. Current Federal Civilian employees should list any relevant performance related rating and/or awards in your resume.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Applicants who do not submit required documentation to determine eligibility and qualifications will be eliminated from consideration. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.
ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS: The VOW Act requires federal agencies to treat an eligible active duty service member as a veteran, disabled veteran, and preference eligible (as applicable) when applying for civil service positions before the effective release or discharge date. Appointment of military members before the release or discharge date is permissible if the member is on terminal leave. At the time the active duty member applies for a civil position, he or she must submit a “certification” memo in lieu of a DD-Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty . Active duty members applying for a civil service position without submitting a valid certification memo or DD-Form 214 with their application will render the member ineligible for the position. The certification memo must originate from the member’s military service branch on official letterhead and contain the following:
- Name/Rank/Grade of Service Member
- Branch of Armed Forces
- Dates of Active Service (Start and End Date(s)
- Expected Date of Discharge/Release from Active Duty
- Terminal leave start date (if applicable)
- Expected character of service/discharge and type of separation (i.e. separation or retirement)
- Must be certified within 120 days of anticipated discharge
- Signature by, or by direction of the adjutant, personnel office, unit commander, or higher headquarters commander.
Note: The VOW Act provides tentative preference. If appointed, a DD Form-214 must be submitted upon receipt.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.