The Finance Risk and Controls Testing team is seeking a highly motivated professional to join our growing team! As a manager, you are responsible for leading and supervising the audit of internal controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Our testing covers business segments: Multifamily, Single Family and Investments & Capital Markets. The assessments cover a combination of process & entity level controls, and controls within accounting and operational processes that collectively provide comfort over financial reporting at Freddie Mac
**This position can be performed currently from a remote location in the U.S. but will require presence in a Freddie Mac office in the future.***
Our team is responsible for the SOX framework and testing for Freddie Mac. We evaluate the effectiveness of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting based on the review of design and operating effectiveness of controls by working closely with management and external auditors
In this role, you will be an integral part of the team and will be encouraged to do the following:
- Determine project scope and testing approach
- Lead resource allocation and scheduling
- Run the annual planning process
- Lead client meetings and communicate testing findings
- Supervise the day-to-day execution of control testing
- Identify deficiencies in the control design and operating efficiency,
- Establish & maintain partner relationships, provide valuable & timely feedback on status of issue remediation.
- Maintain a current understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation, PCAOB Standards, and other relevant mentorship issued regarding Section 404 including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Client Relationship Management and Reporting
- Run positive and collaborative relationships with the business area team members and management, and with external auditors
- Lead monthly meetings with business area
- Issue findings to management
- Management and audit committee reporting
- Typically has at least 8 years’ experience, including previous experience in public accounting, risk management or internal audit; other relevant experience may be considered.
- A strong technical knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards and Sarbanes Oxley/Internal Controls
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of the financial services industry and the secondary mortgage markets.
- Understanding of Information Technology
- Proficiency in audit methodology and risk/controls assessments.
- Experience conducting audits in Risk Management.
- Experience in managing multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to build professional relationship and rapport with clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires CIA, CISA or CPA certification
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Quick learner – must have the ability to understand complex areas within a short period of time & multi-task on various projects with competing deadlines.
- Solid understanding of technical accounting, financial reporting and valuation of complex financial instruments
- Inspiring leader to peers and junior audit professionals
- Ability to make the complex simple and focus on the big picture
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.